Monday 19 October 2009

Intial Ideas

Ok, I said I was concerned with getting bogged down with triangles and I said I was worried about getting to close to existing designs.


On this sheet I originally planned to just look at the maths & physics behind a package, volume, space, protection etc. I just had to confirm for myself some numbers.

I seem to be starting a sheet and then going away, leaving it in the background, and then popping back every couple of hours to scribble bits in. I've started to number them in order to try and keep track of whats going on.

Although I had the camera bellows idea first, I drew the Banana Boat Idea up first and then came back to the bellows, I think because I'm not convinced the bellows idea has a real future. I did a camera years ago and so that idea is straight out of experience. The banana boat idea I'm not so sure about I just wanted to draw a 3D Hexagon prism and it came from there. The spine was a direct idea from thinking about protecting something long - spinal cord. and then back to the triangle, i'll be honest that was just to fill that corner of the page.

I'm gonna open another sheet just to think about packaging design, logo, colours etc and I think I'm gonna knock up a couple of card structural models.

I'm going to start another sheet as well, based on something random, I do this with students and sometimes we get some good results (practice what you preach).

And a plan, I've a deadline for tuesday next week and I need to be sorted really before the weekend starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment